what are the Chakra ?
Human beings are complex creatures comprising of both seen and unseen forces. However, the unseen forces, to a large extent, determine and control the physical manifestation and well-being of man. Among these forces are what are referred as chakras. A balanced and healthy chakras determine the wholeness and vitality that man enjoys.
Definition of Chakras
To explain in simple terms, chakras are human energy centers through which life energy flows into and out of the aura. The primary purpose is to energize the physical body and prompt the development of a man’s self-consciousness. Chakras have a connection with the human mental, physical, and emotional interactions.
There are seven chakras in existence. They resemble funnels having openings like petals. However, they cannot be seen with the physical eyes but by intuition by professional energy workers.
The Seven Chakras and Chakra Colors
Being the centers of the body, energy freely flows through chakras. When energy is blocked in any of the chakras, there is likely to be a sickness or an anomaly in the life of the person. Understanding these chakras and their functions would help in no little way to identify where the problems lie in the chakras, and consequently, chakra healing can be carried out because there should be a free flow of energy through the chakras.
1. Root Chakra: It is located at the base of the spine in the tailbone region. It is developed from birth to around five years of age. It is the first chakra, and it is characterized by unity with the earth (connection of the body to the earth). It serves as the foundation for other chakras to provide balance and stability. When the root chakra is working correctly, it provides safe and secure feeling, financial independence, and regular supply of money and food.
Chakra Color: Root chakra’s color is RED. The bright crimson red symbolizes intuitive and primitive power driving you. It is the core of perception and willpower.
Root chakra shares its energy with all other chakras and maintains a constant flow. However, when Root Chakra is blocked or closed, there are various effects on the mind and body. There is a disconnection between you and the earth and your surroundings, and you start to feel insecure, nervous, and unbalanced. The effect of this is that you will have money problems, and other chakras will suffer.
2. Sacral Chakra: Also known as Navel Chakra, it is located in the lower abdomen, and it is about two inches under the navel and two inches in. Its development is between three and eight years old. It is the second chakra that functions to build our ability to relate with and accept other people and new experiences.
It is central to our creativity that stimulates inspiration and originality. When the sacral chakra is functioning properly and open, poetic talent, drawing and painting skills, artistic talents, and writing skills can be fully maximized. It is further characterized by feelings of sensuality, sexuality, feelings, and psychic abilities.
Chakra Color: Sacral chakra color is ORANGE. It depicts a higher level of creativity and exploration, and well-being.
When the sacral chakra is blocked, closed, or malfunctioning, the human innate creativity power is hindered leading to inability to move forward and develop. Other effects of its blockage include infertility and reproduction problems as evidenced by an interruption in the menstruation cycle and failure to get pregnant.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra: It is located between in the upper abdominal area of the stomach, just between the navel and the heart. Its development takes place between eight to 12 years old. Solar plexus chakra’s main function is to build our confidence and ability to control our lives. It reacts strongly to emotions, and that is why we get butterflies in our stomachs. Human willpower is also placed in the solar plexus chakra.
Chakra Color: Solar plexus chakra color is YELLOW. It depicts liveliness, intellect and perception. The chakra is an energetic golden orb of unified force. It can sustain, feed, and teach us, as well as magnify our auxiliary energies.
When Solar plexus chakra is open and functioning well, you will experience strong will and self-confidence in yourself and personal characteristics. You would be able to make your choices and stand up to people. However, when it is closed, it will leave a serious effect on both the mental and physical body and will be evidenced in the lack of self-confidence and willpower. When it is closed, there is a feeling of not having anything to offer to the world and makes you subject to other people’s control and decisions. Ultimately, blocked solar plexus will store bottled-up self-destructive and hurtful emotions (gathered from childhood) and will create serious physical problems later.
4. Heart Chakra: It is located in the center of the chest just above the heart. It is the ability to love, love unconditionally, enjoy inner peace and joy, and have concerns and sympathy for others. Its development is between 12 and 16 years of age.
Chakra Color: Heart chakra color is GREEN. It signifies connection and growth.
When the heart chakra is blocked, you would have difficulties in showing love, affection, and compassion for others.
5. Throat Chakra: It is located on the neck- the throat, and it represents the ability to communicate and enables self-expression of feelings and the truth. Its development is between age 16 and 21 years. An open throat chakra helps you to express or speak clearly and truthfully.
Chakra Color: The throat chakra color is BLUE, and it depicts clarification and expression.
When this chakra is blocked, you start to hold back, feel incapable of expressing yourself and do not know how to. The feeling of inferiority starts to bulge, thinking that what you have to say is not important, and you should let other people speak. However, when the throat chakra is overactive and imbalance with other chakras, you tend to say everything that comes to your mind through your lips without restriction.
6. Third Eye Chakra: Also known as Brow Chakra, it is located on the forehead between the eyes. It is the window to the spiritual world and helps to see and focus on the big picture. Its development is between 21 and 26 years. It enables spiritual connection and psychic abilities (psychokinesis, psychometry, clairaudience, clairvoyance, telepathy, etc.) and intuition.
Chakra Color: The third eye chakra color is INDIGO. It depicts perception and depth.
A wide open third eye chakra gives the ability to experience the supernatural. It is a doorway into other realms and the extraterrestrial world. However, a blocked third eye chakra disconnects you from the spiritual world. A malfunctioning third eye chakra will cause inability to be guided by intuition and “Higher Self.” It will be evident by not paying attention to dreams and imagination.
7. Crown Chakra: It is located on the very top of the head. It depicts the ability to be completely connected spiritually. Its development starts from age 26 years. It is the doorway into the heavenly world and connection to God, Angels, Higher Selves, and spirit guides.
Chakra Color: The crown chakra color is VIOLET. It indicates awareness and the higher being.
When the crown chakra is blocked or closed, there will be a difficulty connecting to the spiritual world, and consequently, loss of belief thinking God has forsaken them.
For anyone to maximize their living, all their chakras must be functioning optimally. However, when any or some of the chakras are closed or blocked, the person would experience several problems in the physical and spiritual realms. Chakra healing is, therefore, recommended for such people. Chakra healing is the process of opening the blocked or closed chakras to enable an efficient living.
If you are experiencing some problems in your life, get your chakras checked, you may need a chakra healing to live normally and satisfactorily again.contact us for the healing of your chakras.